CO-PRESENTED WITH HOUSTON CINEMA ARTS FESTIVAL
Some spaces are illuminated by the sun. Some are lighted by a single bare bulb. Other spaces can be brought to light by a bright idea. The experimental films in this program are divergent in approach, but all engage with the space before the camera, as well as the place you’re sitting in to watch them.
- Rams 23 Blue Bears 21 (Kevin Jerome Everson, U.S., 8 mins. — North American Premiere)
- Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder (Fern Silva, U.S., 9 mins.)
- Onward Lossless Follows (Michael Robinson, U.S., 17 mins.)
- Shape of a Surface (Nazlī Dinçel, Turkey, 9 mins.)
- Wasteland No. 1: Ardent, Verdant (Jodie Mack, U.S., 4 mins.)
- Galveston (Mark Lewis, U.K. / Canada, 7 mins.)
- Palmerston Blvd. (Dan Browne, Canada, 14 mins. — U.S. Premiere)
RUN TIME: 70 MINUTES
Free event – no tickets or Festival Badge necessary.
Seating is limited and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information about the 2017 Houston Cinema Arts Festival (Nov 9 – 13), visit the Festival website.